· A tasty mix of stalls includes a wide range of locally produced meat & game, fresh fruit & veg, wild & garden herbs, artisan bread, handmade cheese, English wines, micro brewery beers, chocolate, cakes & biscuits, gingerbread, gourmet scotch eggs, a gluten free stall, chilli plants & chilli sauces, hog roast, butchers’ bbq, PLUS local arts & crafts stalls too.
· Expect a real Festival village atmosphere, with outdoor dining areas, world streetfood, live music and much more besides.
Live Cookery Theatre, outside Real Meals on Milton Street.
10.30am: Sarah Muir. Owner of Arches Cookery School and travelling chef for Elton John, Madness, The Prodigy, George Michael, The Spice Girls, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, Travis, Manic Street Preachers, Chemical Brothers, Oasis, Van Morrison and Robbie Williams to name just a few. Also a personal chef to Radiohead for six world tours.
11.30am: Sean Wilson. TV chef and author of The Great Northern Cookbook, also business partner of Saddleworth Cheese Company and passionate local food advocate.
1.30pm: Sean Wilson. The second spot of the day for the former Corrie star turned TV chef.
3pm: Atindra Naskar: A spicy session with the excellent executive chef of Teza, Saltburn’s popular contemporary Indian Restaurant.
Festival Workshops :
The following workshops cost £20 per place, and can be booked in advance by emailing email@example.com or texting 07504 126 233. Please include your name and the name of the workshop you would like to go on. Places are limited to 12 people per workshop.
11.15am: Organic Raw Food Workshop. At TOCH Buildings Albion Terrace, Saltburn. Join Infinite Glow for an hour-long introduction to the benefits of organic raw food. Three quick and easy recipes that you can easily replicate at home and share with your loved ones.
11.30am: Sausage Making & Butchery Skills. Join master butcher Mike Gosnay of Gosnays in Saltburn in his Milton Street shop to have a go at making some great sausages of your own.
12.30pm: Soft Cheese Making. At TOCH Buildings, Albion Terrace, Saltburn. Join our special guest chef Sarah Muir of Arches Cookery School to have a go at making Ricotta and soft Goats Cheeses.
2pm: Bread Making, at TOCH Buildings, Albion Terrace, Saltburn.
Join Ed The Chef from Brick Yard Bakery in Brotton and have a go at Artisan Bread Making. Take home a starter and a recipe for sour dough and join Ed's sour dough community
· Live music, performance poetry and a film tent in Saltburn Square.
· Book Signings. Special book signings at the Book Corner, Saltburn’s brand new independent bookshop on Station Square. Includes special guest chef Sean Wilson signing copies of the Great Northern Cookbook (12.30pm), and Saltburn based crime novelist Jennie Finch (2.30pm).
· A Woodland picnic for all the family, down in the gorgeous Valley Gardens throughout the day.