Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Stitched Up

Saltburn's secretive yarn bombers appear to have struck again only this time the mystery knitters have created three 'mini-me' figures of members of the well-known Woodall family who have a building firm in the town.

Matriarch of the Woodall family, June, claims to have no idea who has created the foot-high ‘mini-me’ figures of her husband, son and son-in-law and left them in a plastic bag outside the family’s Saltburn home.

June Woodall said: “My son and son-in-law were going to work and I noticed a carrier bag left outside. I said to my daughter, ‘for goodness sake, someone’s dumping their rubbish,’ and she went to get it, to throw it in the bin.

But she came in with these knitted figures. We took a look and couldn’t believe it, they were the double of my husband, Rick, son Rees and son-in-law, Ian (Davies).

The details are incredible. It’s right down to their eye colour, one having light blue and one dark blue, their hair, shapes of their faces, even their shoes are right. They’re all dressed in their blue builders uniform, right down to the WBS for Rick Woodall Building Services. They even have little pencils behind their ears and the pipes they carry, the lot.



I honestly haven’t got a clue who has done it, it must be someone who knows us pretty well. The boys have got them in the van with them, they love them.”

No comments: