Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Years Honours - MBE for Local Historian.

Salturn's local historian Tony Lynn, 77, was stunned to receive a letter from the Prime Minister’s office informing him he had been awarded an MBE for services to the community.
Mr Lynn, who has lived in Saltburn for 57 years, is chair of Saltburn Pier and Cliff Lift, a member of Saltburn 500 Club, president of the photographic society, chair of the Friends of Saltburn Library, and chair of the Friends of Hazel Grove.
He said his honour was recognition for all voluntary workers and he paid tribute to his wife Cath.
“I have a terrific amount of support and help from my best friend, my wife. It’s team work whatever we’re doing,” he said.
“I think Saltburn people are absolutely wonderful and I think that living here has given me a style of life I’ve thoroughly enjoyed.I never anticipated anything like this happening to me in my life time, I’ve never even thought of it.”

No comments: